It's Not Right! Maintaining Healthy Relationships and Helping Older Adults at Risk
Community Presentations - Neighbours, Friends & Families for Older Adults
It’s Not Right! is a program that addresses issues of older adult abuse, neglect and self-neglect in communities by engaging bystanders. It teaches citizens of all ages to recognize warning signs of abuse of older adults and to respond safely and supportively. True-to-life scenarios are used to facilitate discussion and to build skills so that participants are able to:
- See it, recognize the warning signs of abuse.
- Name it, by learning how to let your loved one know you are concerned.
- Check it, by asking questions and knowing how to help.
Presentation participants will learn to:
- Recognize the warning signs and risk factors of senior abuse.
- Recognize the role ageism plays in abuse.
- Recognize the impact of abusive behaviour.
- Hold supportive and respectful conversations.
- Who to refer to, and where to find help.
Book a presentation for your group, school, organization by contacting Amanda Midgley via email.