Alberta Culture DaysApril 12, 2021
Alberta Culture Days 2021 - Grants Open
Alberta Culture Days 2021 grants are available to communities and organizations to support the planning and hosting of Alberta Culture Days events.
To celebrate all the culture Alberta has to offer, Alberta Culture Days last all September long. The Province is now accepting grant applications from communities to help support events throughout September that celebrate our province’s arts and culture scene.
Communities can apply now to become an official celebration site and receive up to $10,000 for their 2021 Alberta Culture Days events.
Becoming an official Alberta Culture Days celebration site helps build partnerships, showcases local talent, and can boost the impact and reach of existing cultural programs.
- More than 241,000 people attended small in person and online events. There were 943 events in 47 communities during Alberta Culture Days 2020, celebrating our unique culture, heritage, artistic diversity, and provincial pride.
- The deadline to apply for an Alberta Culture Days celebration site grant is May 7, 2021.
- Visit albertaculturedays.ca for more information.
- Each year, the Government of Alberta has made funding available to cultural groups, communities, and other organizations that wish to host an Alberta Culture Days celebration. Alberta Culture Days Celebration Sites work with partners to present workshops, activities, performances, and more.
- For 2021, $350,000 in grant funding is available for hosts.
- up to $10,000 for each three-day Feature Celebration Site event
- up to $5,000 for each two-day Host Celebration Site event
- and up to $1,000 for each Pop Up Celebration Site event
- Cultural organizations, nonprofit groups, libraries, venues and facilities, schools, and community groups are all encouraged to apply. Consideration will be given to those who partner with others in their community.
- A committee within Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women will review applications and notify applicants in June.
The ministry provides guidance to designated celebration sites during the planning and delivery of events and activities.
Alberta Culture Days is a part of National Culture Days, a collaborative Canadian volunteer movement to raise the awareness, accessibility, participation, and engagement of all Canadians in the arts and cultural life of their communities.
Now entering its 14th year, Alberta Culture Days encourages Albertans to celebrate what culture means to them.
Province Approves Expanded Electronic Recycling PilotApril 13, 2021
The Province approved the expanded electronics recycling pilot. The provincial government is kick-starting an expanded electronic reycling project that will support job creation, grow the economy, and help municipalities divert more reusable material from landfills.
Municipalities will receive funding for collecting the additional electronics included in the recycling expansion. Currently, municipalities do not receive compensation to manage electronics that are outside ARMA’s existing program.
“The Alberta Urban Municipalities Association is encouraged to see the Government of Alberta moving forward with an expanded electronics recycling pilot project. This project will be a welcome opportunity for our urban municipalities. It allows our members to be part of the continuum of returning end-of-life products to the manufacturing process.”
To find out more about this initiative, click here