Subdivision Appeals

Appeals of decisions on subdivision applications are covered by sections 678-682 of the Municipal Government Act.

A decision on an application for subdivision may be appealed by the applicant, by a Government department (if that department is required to be circulated on the application) or by the School Authority (with respect to matters related to municipal reserve or school reserve lands).

Appeals must be made by filing a notice of appeal within 14 days of receipt of the decision with either the local Subdivision Appeal Board or the Municipal Government Board. Which board is the appropriate board to hear the appeal will depend on certain factors with respect to the land involved.

Notice of appeal should be filed with the Municipal Government Board when the subject land is within the "Green Area" or within the distance of a highway, body of water, sewage treatment or waste management facility set out in the Subdivision and Development Regulation.

Copy of the Subdivision and Development Regulation