Building Permit Checklists
- New Single Family Dwelling
- Addition and/or Renovation to Single Family Dwelling
- Accessory Building (less than 592 sq. ft.)
- Commercial Building
- Farm Building
- Basement Development
- Move On Dwelling/Manufactured Home
- Secondary Suite
Miscellaneous Forms and Information
- Air Balancing Report for Principle Ventilation System
- CAN CSA 326
- Exterior Wall Cladding Material 2019
- Form C 2019
- Letter of Authorization
- Mechanical Ventilation Form 2019
- NECB Forms 2019
Note: An additional Safety Code Fee of 4% will be calculated on the total permit fees listed above. If Development of Construction proceeds prior to obtaining the proper permits, the fee shall be doubled.
Building Permits may take approximately two weeks for processing. You will be required to have the appropriate inspections done as requested by the Building Officer / Safety Codes Officer. We request that you give at least two days notice for needed inspection.
Building Permit Fees
Fees shall be paid for at time of application. Building Permit Fee Schedule and Commercial Fee Schedule coming soon.
Note: No construction, including foundation or excavation, shall take place unless a Permit has been issued.
Anyone who starts construction without a Permit may be subject to their building permit fee being 200% of the fee prescribed or $500.00 plus 150% of the fee prescribed, whichever is less pursuant to the County's Permit Fee Bylaw.
It is the responsibility of all applicants to call for inspections. Please call 3 days prior to the preferred inspection date.
An Inspector can request the removal of backfill or buildings materials that cover or enclose anything requiring inspection. Calls between 8:30 am and 9:30 am provide the inspector the opportunity to plan the inspection schedule effectively. Have the following information ready when you call:
- Permit Number
- Municipal Address
- Contact person and contact phone number
Rural Address - 9-1-1
- Please post adjacent to driveway, at the road.
- To obtain Municipal Address, contact Foothills County, 403-652-2341 and have your complete legal description (plan number, block number, and lot number) or location by section if on an un-subdivided ¼ section (i.e. SW-10-25-2-W5M).