Careers with Foothills County
Benefits of Working for Foothills County
Foothills County is a rural atmosphere, which lends itself to the perfect combination for work/life balance. As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to enhance the well being of the municipality and help shape the future of the County.
Foothills County has a long standing loyal employee base which covers a variety of professional and unique working opportunities; this provides new employees opportunities to receive mentoring from employees that have a great deal of experience to share. Positions range from laborers to chartered accountants and everything in between.
Please ensure that you check back often so you don't miss any exciting opportunities to join our team!
Elections Workers - Short Term Casual
General Municipal Election Workers
(Short term / Casual)
Foothills County is currently seeking workers for the Monday, October 18, 2021, general municipal election and accepting applications for the following positions:
Presiding Deputy Returning Officer (PDRO)
- Responsible for organizing and supervising the voting station and staff;
- Answering questions and ensuring election processes are followed;
- Ensuring proper closing of the voting stations;
- Returning ballot boxes and materials to Foothills County Office at the end of the night.
Deputy Returning Officer (DRO)
- Assist the Presiding Deputy Returning Officer;
- Setting up voting stations;
- Assisting voters with the registration process;
- Issuing ballots;
- Ensuring proper closing of the voting stations.
Front Door Greeters
- Greeting voters;
- Ensuring that voters are at the correct voting station and re-direct as required; must be able to read a Municipal Map to provide the best assistance
- Direct voters and answer questions;
- Available to assist the PDRO and DRO when needed;
- Help to sanitize voting stations.
Joint applications for established teams (PRDO & DRO) will also be considered
- 18 years of age or older;
- Strong customer service along with the ability to deal tactfully and courteously
- with the public;
- For all positions, prior election experience will be considered an asset but not a
- requirement as training will be provided;
- Strong communication, mathematic and comprehension skills;
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks and work long hours;
- Good attention to detail, ability to adhere to directions and learn in a short period of time.
** Applicants must be available to work Election Day, Monday October 18, 2021. Approximate hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. or until the votes have been counted. In addition, a half day training session in September will be mandatory, with final training date(s) being shared with successful applicants**
Closing Date/Time: August 31, 2021 at 4:30 PM
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their resume
including position(s) of interest to:
Human Resources Foothills County
Box 5605, 309 Macleod Trail
High River, Alberta T1V 1M7
This competition closes on Tuesday August 31, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for further follow-up questions will be contacted.